Are you concerned about your next travel destination? It can be difficult to choose where to go, especially in a continent full of amazing landmarks. Read this post about 5 Beautiful Cities for Your Next Destination.
Gorgeous Cities to Visit as Next Destination
According to UNWTO, Europe is the most visited region in the world with 80% of tourists visiting. To get rid of the stress of trying to figure out the most beautiful cities to visit, there is a carefully compiled list of 5 landmarks in Europe below.
Istanbul Turkey – Take A Tour Around The Grand Bazaar
There’s the saying that “Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.” and when you’ve got great taste for adventure and rich history, a visit to this iconic landmark becomes a must-see.
A place often considered as one of the oldest shopping malls in the world, it opened in 1461 with over 4000 shops and is a great spot for unconventional shopping and tours. Get ready to shop till you drop and remember to visit the Hagia Sophia Museum, Basilica Cistern, Blue Mosque, and Dolmabahce Palace for a richer experience of the city. This is a beautiful city for your next destination!
Recommended for You: Best Cities in Europe for Travel
Iceland – Enjoy Rich Historic Views In Reykjavik
Reykjavik, Iceland’s largest city is home to several landmarks.
The city is replete with such beautiful places as:
- The Sun Voyage – It’s a sculpture of a Viking ship, located by the ocean, signifying a reminder of when Iceland’s first settlers sailed into the country.
- Harpa – Found at the edge of the city’s harbor, hosts public events, restaurants, and the biggest concert hall in Iceland.
- Hallgrimskirkja Church- Designed by Gudjon Samuelsson and constructed in 1984 is Iceland’s tallest church at a height of 73m with its structure built in the form of an erupting geyser.
Taking an elevator to the top of its steeple gives you a very beautiful view of the city.
Rome Italy – Visit The Colosseum
If you’re a huge fan of the Gladiator movies, here’s a great place to flesh out your fantasy. Through the decades, the city has preserved its Roman history and old Roman architecture. This 50,000 seater building is an architectural marvel; built in the 1st c AD at the reign of the Roman Empire.
Ancient Romans having a high taste for violence converged here to be entertained by gladiator criminals and wild animals that fought to death. This ancient structure still stands tall in the city of Rome.
A full day can take you through other beautiful landmarks in the city like the Pantheon, Roman Forum, Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, Trevi Fountain, and lots more.
France – Relish the Landmarks in Paris
The Eiffel Tower is the most famous landmark and symbol of Paris. It is also described as the “symbol of love” due to its amazing view and was designed in 1889 by Engineer Gustave Eiffel. Paris, a city of art, high fashion, and landmarks is one place you must tick off your bucket list.
England – The Beauty of London
The last top spot is London, home to royalty! So, the next time you hear the British Anthem “God Save the Queen” don’t be surprised. You’ve already been informed. London is also the greatest city in the world and here are some of the landmarks you should plan to see in the city:
- Tower Of London – It is officially the Queen of England’s Royal Palace. It’s a majestic fortress and still one of the world’s heritage sites and tourist attractions. The tower has a very rich and complex history worth researching.
- The London Eye – Standing at a height of 135 meters, it’s the largest Ferris wheel in the world since 1999.
The Buckingham Palace, Sky Garden, and Big Ben are other landmarks amidst others. There is much to do and see here, so make sure to book for more than just one day.
We hope you enjoyed this post about 5 Beautiful Cities and Landmarks for Your Next Destination.